Premises & Products Liability
You have a right to be safe when you go onto the property of another, or when you use a company’s product.
South Carolina Premises Liability Attorneys
At Simmons Law Firm, we represent victims in Columbia and throughout South Carolina who have suffered serious injuries as a result of dangerous condition on someone else's property, whether it is an individual or a business. These include the following types of cases:
- Inadequate security: Inadequate security cases may arise from insufficient lighting, failure to hire security guards or other negligent acts that can lead to serious injuries.
- Slip and fall: Slip-and-fall accidents can occur on unsafe walkways or in stores when employees fail to clean up spilled liquid or other items.
- Dangerous conditions on property: When a property has an inherently dangerous condition present, such as hanging limbs, unseen holes in walking paths or unsecured structures, the property owner can be held liable for the accidents and injuries that occur as a result.
South Carolina Products Liability Attorneys
At Simmons Law Firm, we also represent clients and their families in Columbia and throughout South Carolina who have suffered catastrophic injuries and wrongful death resulting from defective products. These include the following issues:
- Defective automobiles: We help clients obtain compensation for injuries caused by brake failure, air bag failure and other defective motor vehicle parts.
- Defective and dangerous drugs and medical devices: We represent clients who have been harmed by a wide range of dangerous medications and defective medical devices on the market.
- Product recalls: Usually, by the time a product gets recalled by the FDA, many people have already suffered serious injuries, illnesses or death. Manufacturing companies are still liable for the damages that their products cause.
- State representation: We have represented South Carolina in actions against dangerous drug and medical device manufacturers for damages for health care costs resulting from state law violations and unethical marketing practices.
Based In Columbia, Serving All Of South Carolina
Whether you have been injured by a product or on the property of another, it is important to contact an experienced premises liability or products liability lawyer right away. There are many factual details involved in determining whether you might have a claim, and the litigation can be challenging. Contact Simmons Law Firm for a free, no obligation review at 803-779-4600 or toll free at 888-715-8818, or contact us online.